Prayer is vitally important to us in Union Road. As a church we want to encourage you to pray more, both individually and corporately.
Try to attend one or more of the prayer times throughout the week:
- Sunday at 6:15pm – before the evening service in Union Road
- Thursday at 8:00pm as part of the Midweek or House groups
- Second Saturday morning of the month at 7:00am, elders prayer meeting
- We also have a prayer chain, where urgent prayer requests can be bathed quickly in believing prayer
Midweek meets on Thursday evenings when House groups are not running. It alternates monthly between the two churches. The format is praise, Bible teaching and then prayer.
In any church; it’s easy to get lost in the crowd. Home groups are a great way to help you get connected with other people in a more meaningful way.
A typical home group…
- has between 10-12 people
- has two co-leaders
- meets every other week during the time period that home groups are running
- Normally meets in someone’s house.
- studies a book of the Bible
- makes time for discussion
- fosters prayer for each other
- might enjoy the odd social event instead of a regular meeting